Hello New Moms
Hello Dark Circles + Puffy Eyes
One of the most annoying things about my post baby body was the constant look of fatigue on my face. My sleep schedule was a wreck and it was clearly showing on my skin, especially my eyes, they started to look a lot like I had been punched.
So, after I got a hang of motherhood and the baby started sleeping better, my skin automatically started getting back in shape; however, the eyes, they refused to take a turn back. They needed treatment apart from sleep.
Surfing on Nykaa, I saw the Mamaearth Undereye Crème for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes. The jar mentioned it consists of Coffee, Cucumber and White Lilly Extract. Now the moment I read coffee I knew I had to buy this (haha).
I have loved Mamaearth products for my little one for being very mild, hypoallergenic and non toxic. This little tub costed me ₹ 599 which is a lot less compared to the Forest Essentials ₹ 2395 under eye cream that I had previously used. I’ve used this for about a year now and i’d like to mention that it has helped me a lot in terms of brightening the area around the eyes. It’s texture is very light so my oily skin doesn’t mind it at all. There has been a huge difference in my undereye area. Clearly the punched look has diminished greatly, if not disappeared, plus it is a total steal at such a great price.
Apart from using this cream, new mums can follow these simple steps to brighten their eye area:
- Applying cotton dipped in fresh cucumber juice on the eyes to brighten them up. This works wonders. You can also use this while applying a face pack so your eyes also feel fresh.
- Applying used & cooled green tea bags on the eyes for reducing puffiness. The antioxidants present in green tea help soothe the skin and works as an eye pack.
- Massaging your eye area lightly with castor oil to improve blood circulation. The blood circulation in this area becomes so slow which is why the skin looks disrupted. You must be careful to use one drop of oil on each eye and massage with delicate fingers
- Maintain your sleep schedule. This makes more difference than you think. Try to stick to a sleeping time or hours.
- Keeping yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. This automatically improves skin elasticity and texture. Your skin remains healthy only if it is well hydrated.