Ever since the little one entered the world, I have never stopped thinking about the right ways to provide nutrition to his body. For the first 6 months life was easy because he was exclusively breastfed and there were no worries about thinking of and cooking balanced meals every day. It was after he turned 6 mo that the mommy mind had to work continuously to bring up a healthy child.
Giving kids the right balance of nutrition is essential to fuel their growing bodies. It is absolutely compulsory to maintain balanced nutrition on daily basis and some foods, what we rightly call ‘Superfoods’ make this task a lot easier than it is.
Superfoods are foods packed with a variety of essential nutrients or a particular nutrient in abundance to make up for our dietary requirements. One such superfood that baby K and I absolutely love munching on, during our snack times is FOXNUTS which are basically the seeds of the lotus flower.
We prefer to roast this otherwise bland and chewy snack, in butter along with salt and pepper, to make it turn crisp and savoury.
As much as it tastes delish it is power packed with abundant healthiness.
- They’re considered to be very high in antioxidants hence they’re great for detoxification of kidneys.
- They have a great amount of fibre which is great to relieve constipation and promotes weight loss.
- Being high on calcium, they prevent arthritis and joint pains and make bones stronger. They’re also known to reduce any inflammations in the body.
- They’re rich in protein hence promote muscle buildup.
- They’re low on saturated fats and high on fibre thus a great snacking option for heart patients and diabetics.
Hence we try making such an amazingly beneficial food a part of our daily diets.